Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Rainy week and Table Rock


Last week was pretty rainy, so I didn't get much bouldering in. Now that the time change has occurred though, a new window in the evening opens up for me to hit some local boulders after work. I have a few V3 projects, that I have neglected all season, that I want to get finished with before it gets too hot. Hopefully today I'll get a chance to finish up a few of them.

Yesterday, I took a 10 mile hike through Table Rock, looking for good boulders that the CCC could ask for in the new climbing proposal. I have been told about some good boulders on one of the trails and was surprised to see the quantity, quality and variety of the boulderfield...longer hike than most approaches, but well worth it. Hopefully this will be the first officially legal bouldering area in SC very soon! Stay tuned for info about Table Rock and a new post very soon on how to make a brush kit, that includes a great idea (I stole from George:)) on how to make an inexpensive extendable stick brush, out of a monopod that can also be used as a hiking pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment