Summer is the time of the year that is perfect for a good multiple activity day trip. Its nice to get a quick boulder session in the morning when its cooler and then either a mountain bike ride or a good paddle, and in the summer months, I love a good swimming hole to wrap the day up right. Here are some of my favorite multi-trips, that might peak your interest, in an area near you.
1) This weekend we were able to hit up Mt Yonah for a nice chill morning boulder session then we paddled the Upper Chattahoochee (section 3, I think) for the first time. Got some hiking, climbing, paddling and my fiance got to go swimming in one of the rapids also:)
2) Probably my favorite spot for mulit-trips is Pisgah...North Side boulders in the morning, a nice 10 mile mountain bike ride on some of the best singletrack anywhere, and then a jump into the least crowded swimming hole to cool off.
3) Cashiers is always good too...Granite City in the morning, biking in Panthertown afterwards, and swimming holes in either Panthertown or on the Chattooga to cool off.
4) The Nanny trip never disappoints...Climb on the boulders or cliffs on either the AT or the railroad tracks in the morning, a short bike ride at either NOC or Tsali, and then the bone chilling waters of one of the most fun paddle runs around on the Nantahala. Or skip the bike and paddle the Tuckaseegee on your way home.
5) If you are near Charlotte, you have the outdoor persons Disneyland at the US National Whitewater Center. Gotta pay to play, but in Charlotte this is a great resource. Bike on their trails till you get tired, boulder or climb on their nice outdoor climbing walls and then take your kayak or one of their rafts down the whitewater course to cool off.
6) I know that Boone has some great bouldering at Granny's or Blowing Rock for the morning, some pretty intense biking nearby at Wilson Creek and the Watauga can be paddled in the heat of the afternoon. Haven't done this trip yet, but hope to tick it off this summer.
Anybody have any good multi-trips they like to take in the summer?