Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Upstate Bouldering Guide is SOLD OUT!!!


I'm excited to announce that all of the copies of the first edition of the Upstate Bouldering Guide that I received from the printer have SOLD OUT!!!






As I mentioned in a previous post, I wanted to keep the print run limited to minimize possible access issues and to make the book more valuable to the local community.  My original intent was to only produce 25 copies and distribute them directly by mail order only, but some of the local outfitters wanted to carry the book also, so I tripled the print run and had 15 color copies and 60 black and white copies available.  I sold the color copies directly by mail order only, and the black and white copies were sold by mail order or by one of the 3 outfitters that supported local bouldering efforts.  After a few more orders over the holidays, I am now personally sold out of guidebooks...but that doesn't mean that the book isn't still available!!!  If you are in Greenville SC, you can pick up a copy at Sunrift Adventures, if you are near the Jocassee Gorges and the incredible boulderfields (or would like to mail order a copy from them), you can pick up a copy at One With The Ride, and if you're down in Columbia SC, you can pick up a copy at Get Your Gear On I want to sincerely thank these outfitters for carrying the guidebook and making it available to more folks than those that just follow this website...you guys have been instrumental in helping raise money that has and will continue to help out bouldering access in the Jocassee Gorges and Pisgah National Forest!!!  Later this week, I'll be posting a summary of the details of the profits made from the guidebook and where exactly the money was spent to improve local bouldering access!!! I also want to give a big shout out once more to the other sponsors and supporters of the guidebook...you guys helped make this a reality and your support has directly improved access and relations with land managers, which is the heart and soul of local bouldering!!!  Thanks again goes out to...














Because of a change in pricing in the print process, there will most likely not be a second print run of this first edition guidebook.  I havent begun working on a second edition to the guidebook yet, but imagine in a few years there will be plenty of new areas and routes to add to the guide and talks of a second edition will begin to pop up.  If you have anything you would like to add to the second edition of the guidebook, or suggestions to make it better, please get in touch.

2 comments:

  1. I’m Charles David by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Dr Purva Pius ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $237,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

    I‘m using this medium to alert all loan seekers because of the hell I passed through in the hands of those fraudulent lenders.

    Thanks you Dr Purva Pius Loan service for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Mrs.Aisha Mohamed, I am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(jameseric42@aol.com) Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete