Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Southeast Guidebooks On The Way


Its not like this is hot off the presses, but its something that's got me pretty psyched still...our pals over at Greener Grass have not only made a nice donation to the SCC to help out with the new climbers campground that's coming to Chatty/Soddy Daisy, but they have also teased us a little with news of their 2 upcoming guidebooks. One of my all time favorite boulderfields is Lilly in the Obed in Tennessee...if you've never been there, what are you waiting for? Lilly has some of my favorite sandstone formations to climb on and I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time there while my wife was finishing up at UT. Not only is Lilly a great set of boulders, but the sport climbing at the Obed is...wait for it...legendary! Greener Grass has announced that this incredible climbing and bouldering area will be getting its just deserves in a new guidebook that should be out in May, a perfect time to check out the Obed. There's nothing like climbing all morning and evening in the summer and chilling out in the river during the hot of the day at the Obed! Don't forget to check out the video I embedded in yesterday's post of Jimmy Webb and crew crushing at Lilly. At the top of this post is a shot of Jimmy getting the second ascent of the James Litz testpiece Tilted World V13 and here's a shot of Shattered Minds V10 from Jimmy Webbs blog.



The other tome they are releasing will cover roped climbing and bouldering in Little River Canyon in Alabama and will be written by Adam Henry. I haven't been to this LRC yet, but Ive heard its amazing! I look forward to the book to give me motivation to take a couple of road trips and see some new stuff...and I hope some of this news gets you psyched about the near future of SE climbing also!

No comments:

Post a Comment