Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

That Hooker Left Me With Something I Didn't Want!

Just a quick post...
So, almost two weeks ago was the Lilly Boulders trip and what I didn't mention in my trip report post was that I thought I might have tweaked my ring finger on my left hand while I was pushing hard to send Hooker. I've had a few sessions since then...one at Big Eastatoee Wall, one DWS session on Lake Jocassee, a fun trip up to Granite City where I almost repeated Moonshine Still V4/5, and a sweaty trip up to the Bearfields...and each session seemed to make the finger hurt more and more. Its now hurting to the point that I can barely get my wedding ring on without a little pain, and it is the same pain I had when I popped a tendon in the pinky right beside it last August on Hades V3. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to admit that I'm sick or injured until I really have to shut it down, and i was hoping it wouldn't get to this, but it looks like I'm gonna have to take a few weeks off to let this thing heal up a little before the summer road trips really start up. Once again, we have reserved a cabin up near Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia, about an hour north of Boone, for the July 4th break. We had such a great time up there last year and we're super psyched to be able to take Lily with us this time:) Then later in July, I'm planning another trip up to Grayson and Boone and maybe over into Tennessee if the weather looks good. Until then, keep a look out for upcoming reviews of a few Flashed Pads and a big review of 8-10 brushes!

1 comment:

  1. Hanging around Hookers, getting injured... Katy's not gonna be happy...

    ReplyDelete