Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Rumbling Bald is open until the 29th

The NC parks site has recently been updated to extend the open date of Rumbling Bald to March 29. Good news for the WNC climber!

J-Rock and I went out to the East Boulderfield last Wednesday and sent a plethora of routes. Most were in the Vo-V3 range, but we did send Vitamin I V4 and both of us almost sent Morning Star V7. After working the route over and over in my mind all week, and being fresh and confident...on my last real try, I ran out of juice at the very top of the route and ended up not topping it out. Now that its going to be open this week, hopefully I'll get a chance to finally put it all together and top it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment