Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Climbing in Lisbon




After searching a couple of times, I finally found an outdoor Entreprise wall in one of the parks in Lisbon. Its a nice wall to be free and open to the public at anytime. I only bouldered on the bottom 3/4 of the wall (its only about 25ft tall), but it is set up as a lead wall. Makes me wish I'd brought a light sport rack! I'll post a picture up later for everyone to see. I'm planning on going to Sintra today and bouldering at the base of the Moorish castle I've posted about before. Sintra is mainly a multi-pitch spot, but there are numerous, giant boulders at the base of the cliff that I'm sure will keep me busy for the day. There is also a little spot in the nearby forest, called Capuchos, that has some of the best looking bouldering in the guidebook...hopefully I can head out there too or find out about transportation for the next visit. My ankle is feeling much better, still a little stiff, but good enough to walk the usual 4-5 miles a day around the city. I'll post some pictures from Sintra, later today, so everyone can see the incredible castle and cliffs at its base.

No comments:

Post a Comment