Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

One lonely route in Switzerland




Between the rain, hiking, mountain biking, and canyoning in Switzerland, all I could muster up was one boulder route on the way out of town. The weather was very wet and cold compared to what was expected before we arrived. The cold was perfect for climbing, but there were showers everyday, except the last, which kept the rocks too wet to climb. On the way out of Switzerland, we saw one lone boulder in the middle of a small park in Interlaken and I sent one V0 route on it before we had to catch the train to Paris. By no means did this put a damper on the trip to Switzerland though. We stayed in Lauterbrunnen, which had 72 waterfalls streaming down the 2000 ft vertical cliffs surrouding the whole valley. I've never been to Yosemite, but this reminded me of all the pictures of the Tuolumne Valley I've seen. I added a couple of pictures to this post, one is the view of the valley from our hotel room, and the other is a picture of the great alpine mountains that towered above us just outside of the valley. The 3 snow covered mountains are the Eiger, the Monch and the Jungfrau...each one famous for their alpine mountaineering and big mountain appeal. Next stop FONTAINEBLEAU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment