Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Weekend

J-Rock and I ended up climbing at the North Side boulders of Looking Glass this past Friday...perfect day to boulder. Got there and met another climber, Josh, and later, Chris Dorrity joined him. Josh climbed this incredibly nice blunt arete on tiny little crimps that would make most people shreak like a little girl...awesome send to see! J-Rock and I climbed around for a while warming up and checking out the different boulders, when we saw Chris topping out on one of the harder and possibly the best problem in the area. Eventually, I sent a crimpy problem with a short dyno at the top that I had worked on for a while last time I was here. J-Rock called it a "Horse Pens V5"...which is a Rumbling V3-4 in his book:) J-Rock then climbed another route to the right of the route Joshed climbed. A short powerful problem that requires a kind of wide awkward gaston and a rotation up on a high heel hook to the top slopey ledge...nice send! It was really nice to meet and talk with Chris and see those guys send a few problems I've only dreamed of. Overall, it was a great day of bouldering!

Headed down state for my brothers birthday on Saturday and was able to climb a little at a small juggy area on the side of the Savannah River. Not much to speak of, but nice to have if you are in the area. We didnt get to ride at FATS, but we did get to ride on the North Augusta Greenway, which was a nice easy ride. Overall, it was a pleasant weekend to be able to climb, bike and visit family.

I'm getting psyched for my "Alabama Getaway", coming up in 2 weekends. Might be able to go to Rumbling this Saturday, especially if this is the last weekend its going to be open for a while. Anybody else do some good climbing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment